Your Ideal Agent Pty Ltd understands the importance of protecting the privacy and the rights of individuals and/or Companies in relation to their personal information. Your Ideal Agent Pty Ltd and its related bodies corporate (we, our, us) are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Amendment (private sector) Act 2000.
Our Responsibility to Property Owners:
Under The Office of Fair Trading guidelines, Your Ideal Agent Pty Ltd has a legal responsibility to check the true ownership of a property before listing it for sale, lease or exchange and/or conducting an auction.
What is Personal Information?
What Information Do We Collection, Hold, Use and Disclosure?
The types of personal information we may collect, use or disclose about you may include though not limited to: your full name; age or date of birth; your mailing or street address; your email addresses; your home, work or mobile telephone numbers; your profession, occupation, job title or business address; any government identification details; financial information including details of your employer, income, name of bank or financial institution; details of your spouse, de facto, dependent children, and roommates; details of properties owned by you; and additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise and information you provide to us through our service centre, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We collect your personal information directly from you and may collect from the individuals themselves through application forms, registration logs at open inspections, appointment forms, and agreements; by entering competitions, promotions or requesting information or material from us; correspondence including emails, through your access and use of our website, newsletters and through telephone, letter, email or verbal communications.
We may also collect information from third parties including from other agents, from operators of tenancy reference databases and other publicly available databases and from referees in the course of verifying and evaluating tenancy applications and managing tenancy arrangements; from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities; your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers); your employer; publicly available sources of information or any other organisations where you have given your consent.
What About Cookies?
Why Do We Collect, Hold, Use and Disclose Your Personal Information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the first class customer service to you. This means we may collect, hold, use, and disclose to third parties, personal information for a number of reasons such as but not limited to the following:
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you to assist with the selling, purchase or property management of your commercial and/or residential property;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- to assist you to obtain a loan, payment or refund of a bond;
- to coordinate repairs or maintenance of a property owned or leased by you;
- recording or accessing information with Titles Registry Office; Residential Tenancies Authority; or any other government agency, tenancy information services or databases;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes of Your Ideal Agent, its related bodies corporate, contractors, franchisees, franchisees’ real estate agents and employees or service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, franchisees, franchisees’ real estate agents and employees or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
We need your permission to collect, use and disclose your personal information, in the event that you do not consent to Your Ideal Agent Pty Ltd collecting and releasing your personal information as described above, we may be unable to provide the services requested by you.
What Security Steps Do We Take?
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is not subject to loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration. We will also take reasonable steps; to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer required.
Can You Access Your Personal Information?
If you would like to access or correct any personal information we hold about you please do not hesitate to contact us. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will provide you with access by mailing or emailing it to you. We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. However we will not charge you a fee for simply making the request or to make any corrections to your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to correct any information, which you show to be inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you reasons for any refusal.
What If There Is A Breach of Privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it for you.
How Do You Contact Us:
Your Ideal Agent Pty Ltd
Tanya Murphy, Principal
PO Box 759, Mooloolaba, Qld, 4557
0412 625 043
We will treat your requests or complaints with strict confidentially. Our representative will contact you within fourteen (14) business days after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and how we may help to resolve these for you.